Monday, May 16, 2011

Cannes Travel Day 1 May 11

First flight-Newark. I proved that my rollaway bag does indeed fit under the seat in front of me. I sat in my chair and was clearly  being a pain in the ass trying to shove it in. I took out my water, my apple, mp3 and camera and I got the "are you finished" look from my seat partners. Besides my foot getting stepped on twice, everthing is going pretty smoothly.
Landed in Newark. I found wine and cheese bar that plays jazz! Those that know me know this is my idea of heaven.  I ordered a brie and proscuito sandwich with a Pino Grigio. So what- I'm eating bread-I couldn't be more content. I didn't even ask the bartender if anything is organic! I figure if I die today-it will be ok!
On the plane to Zurich. I paid an extra $100 for extra leg room seat. I'm glad I did. This plane is gigantic. The first thing the women next to me says is "I hate this flight"!    Great! What does that mean? This plane reminds me of that Jodie Foster movie. I hope I see her at Cannes considering her bizaar "Beaver" movie is opening the festival. Who the hell thought that was a good idea? A movie about a beaver?!!!

No comments: