Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Cannes day 3 May 13

Woke up in my beautiful bed bright eyed! I can hear the frogs and the water fall in the pool. I went up to the main house to make some tea. It was 8:30 am and Sherri and Bill were awake so we got dressed and took a walk around the city of Mougins.
Saw a cheese and fruit shop that was way over priced. But I asked for some frommage brie-that only cost 2,30. The man behind the counter was very intimidating and looked like he refused to speak English. He did. I asked for some brie in my best french. We bought some bread and had a petit d'ejouner.
Gayle and Marianne arrived shortly after. It was so nice and warm we decide to take a walk up the hill to "old Mougins". It was really cool looking but the restaurants were too expensive. I tried out my french and was embarressed when I said "elle dice"-dice is spanish! then I called a women 'madamoselle' when she was clearly a "madam"!
When I tried to tell the waitress-my friends don't eat animal products, I got a blank stare. Maybe because they just couldn't believe it.  The french frown upon vegetarians! The place we found was a little snack place that sold crepes. I got a ham and cheese crepe because I wasn't afraid of their meat.  I'll let  you know how this digests later.




Finally the trip to Cannes. We walked down the hill and found the correct bus stop.
The city was packed. It had the feeling of Hollywood on Oscar day. Everyone wandering around dressed to the nines over paying for gelato and coffee because of the festival. There were cameramen that were posing as paparazzi but were really trying to sell you their photos. Everyone was really dressed up. We went there mainly to find where everything was so we could know where to go the next day. Tonight was a "look see". 


I kept thinking about the fact I was at the biggest film festival in the world yet I still "wanted" -wanted to be in a yacht partying like everyone else, wanted to see the red carpet, wanted to be on the beach where they were showing a movie, wanted cheesecake, wanted a day pass, wanted credentials, wanted to take my shoes off..... I mean MY GOD WOMAN! WAKE UP! This is it. This is the dream. I'm here. I must stay present or it's going to be gone. Tomorrow I'm going back and this time I'll try to stay until someone else says-move.
We didn't see any stars tonight but we did notice Brad Pitt's movie is showing the same day ours-the 17th. Let's see what happens.

No comments: