Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cannes Day 5 May 15

Woke up a 10:30am! It was so late to start the day. I wanted to go to the beach but opted for some shopping. I needed to find gifts for the friends that helped me get here. I woke up to a warm chocolate croissant waiting for me. I normally don't like chocolate, but in France, everything was different. It was delicious! Special thanks to Sherri and Bill for walking down the hill and retrieving them.
I got dressed and got on the bus headed for Cannes. I  thought I would go to the local spots instead of the festival. I found a nice gentleman that spoke English and he told me where to go for a coffee. I'm now doing what the french do, sitting in a cafe drinking the smallest coffee in history.
French tip: if you need to find a restroom, always ask a women. They understand so much better than a man when you really need to go.

Back to the villa in a hurry to get ready for the cocktail party we were invited to. At that point, I had only eaten a pear and a croissant and it was 3pm. I was so late. We had to meet the 48 hour rep at 4:30 to get the day passes for the market.  Nothing was going smoothly regarding the festival passes so we could only hope!

 I put on my flower dress and rushed to the bus stop. The 48 hour representative was there-Sunday-to give us our passes we requested the days before. These were obviously no longer eligible. He said we could try and switch them in the accreditation office for a pass today. The dreaded accreditation office! Ugh. We tried and failed. They told me I was over my limit of day passes (the max was 3 and I had 4) they told Sherri and Bill they couldn't exchange theirs because the days had passed. Marianne and Mike were the only 2 that were able to get in. No cocktail party for us. It was a mess. I had to just forget the badge situation and move on. We decided to hang around and look for some celebrity sightings. We would have had to wait at least another hour. We opted for dinner instead.


We found a cute french cafe with cute french waiters.They know they are cute too-sort of like bartenders in clubs in the U.S. They know the chicks are after them! We met a nice women that was also promoting her film at the table next to us. She said she was jealous of us because we had a Cannes strap to hold our badge. We laughed because we had no badge at the end of our strap and she had an 'all access' badge that got her into not only the market, but the screenings as well. Jokes on her! We exchanged our business cards and films we were promoting.


When we got home we all sat around and watched her 10 minute film. It was one of those 'Sixth Sense'- type movies where you see the woman's husband but you find out later he's really dead. It was a confusing movie that had a strange ending. I wonder how they felt about our film.
The night ended with more wine and wonderful dialogue. Nights at the villa are so great. We all sit around and talk about the day while we Facebook!

No comments: