Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cannes Day 8-May 18



Finally in the town of Antibes after  looking for the bus for 2 hours! So frustrating! We met a girl on the bus and she told us where to get off for the beach. Then she said she got invited to some VIP party by some guy and she wasn't sure if she wanted to go. Um...HELLO? We'll go! We've had nothing but bad luck on this trip!
I saw the beautiful beach and I was off. I left my roomies for the afternoon. I just knew I needed my toes in the water for a while. Walking around the beach is not the same as in the states. They don't walk. They just sit and watch the ocean. The water feels wonderful. Not cold and not warm. The topless bathing didn't even phase me. Well, I considered it for a long time but I just couldn't. Americans are just so  prude when it comes to nudity!


I walked around and found some really expensive shops. I found another panini shop and ordered what I thought was a cheese and tomato sandwich. Because my french isn't the best, it ended up being a cheese, tomato and beef panini with a hair. Didn't know that was included! The Universe is funny how it just keeps piling on the poo isn't it?
I walked back and found the bus stop. I spoke to a couple of french women but had no idea what they were saying. One women kept talking to me about fashion and models and how it relates to the Cannes Film Festival. I think she was drunk. I told her "Je suis actrice en dans film ice". She got so excited I had to give her my business card!



Our friend Paola was at the Villa sunning by the pool. It was nice to see another face from home. She told us all about her experience working on a "Tree of Life" in the art department. You know the movie with Brad Pitt and Sean Penn? We ordered 3 Mr. Pizzas and had a fun pizza night.



No comments: