Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cannes Day 6-May 16

Day before the screening. I decided today I will have a 'me day'.  Come to find out that's how all of France felt. Mondays are like our Sundays-almost everything is closed. I didn't know this until I got all the way to Grasse. Well, first I woke up and did some housework, laundry, and made myself poached eggs and toast. I knew I didn't want any hussle or bussle or stress today. I just wanted to go where the Universe lead me.




I took a 20 minute bus to Grasse-the perfume capital of the world. Like I said everythings pretty much closed on Mondays but the perfume museum. As soon as you walk in the town you start to sneeze. It's a quaint little town but you can tell they cater to the tourists. It was fun walking around the perfume museum and seeing how it's made. I found a sandwich stand and ate the best four cheese panini in the world. They make them with baguettes so it's super long and crispy. It was sooo good.
 I came back to the villa and got some more alone time at the pool. How relaxing. Mike came back from his day at work at the festival and said he got some leads on buyers for the film. He was at the Cannes Film Festival all day and then he showed me how he was biologically incapable of floating in water. Ironic ha?


Tomorrow we'll see if each of us gets in to our screening without hassle. Let's see how this goes. The rest of the night was dinner and drinks and then a walk up the hill to Old Mougins for some dessert.

No comments: